Q. What can I do to troubleshoot PEAR access or performance issues?
A. When experiencing any of the following scenarios, we recommend that you first attempt to clear your browser history (i.e., cache and cookies):
- Problems signing into PEAR
- Error messages when using PEAR
- Display problems within PEAR
Close any open browser sessions. Then, open a new window/tab and follow the steps below for the applicable web browser.
- On the computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (three vertical dots).
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Close Chrome and open a new session.
- On the computer, open Firefox.
- Click the menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data.
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about: preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
- Close Firefox and open a new session.
- On the computer, open Microsoft Edge.
- Select Settings and more (three vertical dots).
- Select Settings.
- In the Settings sidebar, select Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- In Clear browsing data, select the check box for each type of data, such as browsing history, cookies, and passwords, you want to clear from the cache.
- From the Time range list, select how far back Microsoft Edge should empty the cache (for example, everything for the past hour, for the past seven days, or for all time).
- Select Clear now.
- Close Edge and open a new session.
- Click on the Safari tab at the top left of your screen and choose Preferences from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Advanced tab of the menu that pops up.
- At the end of the tab, select the Show Develop menu in menu bar box and close the Preferences menu.
- Click the Develop tab from the Safari menu at the top of the page.
- Click Empty Caches from the dropdown menu.
- Close Safari and open a new session.
- On the computer, open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools icon at the top right.
- In the list of Tools, click Internet options to proceed.
- After this window appears, click on the Delete button.
- Select the browsing histories that you wish to remove from your browser.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom.
- Close Internet Explorer and open a new session.
Note: The use of Internet Explorer is strongly discouraged when using the PEAR portal.